1987 (D) Ford Capri 2.8i Special - Exceptional Low Mileage Classic
- Mileage:13,894 miles
- Fuel Type:Petrol
- Engine Size:2.8L
- Maximum Speed:127 mph
- BHP:160 bhp
This is a very exciting opportunity to acquire one of the very best Ford Capri's available, this three owner Special has been part of a significant Ford collection and is a collector's dream with only 13800 miles.
The Ford Capri was the Ford Mustang of Europe. A mind boggling array of options meant that the Capri could be whatever you wanted it to be; just like the Mustang. The Capri was, in fact, a far more varied animal than the Mustang with engines ranging from 1300cc to 3100cc as well as a myriad of trim specifications. The Capri was released to the press on 24th January 1969 at the Brussels Motor Show and caused a sensation. For the 1982 model year, a new sporty version debuted at the Geneva Motor Show called the 2.8 Injection. Power rose to a claimed 160bhp giving a top speed of 130mph. The Capri 2.8 Injection breathed new life into the range with the four-speed gearbox replaced with a five-speed unit early on and at the same, in 1984, upgrading to the Capri Injection 'Special' using half leather seating and a limited slip differential. Externally, the car could be easily distinguished by seven spoke RS wheels and colour-coded grille and headlamp surrounds.
This three-owner Capri was originally supplied by Page Motors (Epsom) Ltd to Mr. Joseph Hill with a final invoice price of £9,709.99. Having covered a mere 13,894 miles from new, the condition of this iconic Ford can only be described as exceptional. The black paintwork is of a very high standard and the grey half leather trim is commensurate with such a low mileage example. The 2.8 litre V6 engine runs extremely well with good oil pressure and the gearbox is very smooth in operation, she even sits on the original set of Goodyear NCT tyres.
We have carried out a full inspection and have carried out an oil and filter change, air filter, spark plugs, coolant flush and a carried out a fresh MOT.
There is a lovely history folder containing the original sales invoice, book pack and service book, along with most of the previous MoT's other than when the car has been off the road.
Our vehicles are meticulously prepared and detailed to a standard that we are sure you will be absolutely delighted with.
We can also help you with a range of very competitive and flexible finance options to make your purchase even easier.
Uber GT are proud winners of the 911uk Porsche Awards 'Porsche Customer Service Gold Award’ and Car Dealer Awards ‘Best Customer Care’.
Part Exchange always welcome.
- Limited Slip Differential
- Half Leather Recaro Seats
- Seven Spoke RS Alloys
- Colour Coded Grille
- Original Handbooks and Service Book
- Had the 981 Spyder delivered today. Searched long and hard for the right car. Peter was honest about the car and it’s very minor shortcomings. It was refreshing to converse with a car dealer that really knew his car and really understood the customer. My franchise dealer experiences have not been this rosy. I am so impressed.I will most certainly be returning to p/x for the right GT3 when finances and stock allow! p.s. The follow up call from Peter to check everything was ok was the icing on the cake.Darren E, Porsche 981 Spyder
- I sold my 2018 Porsche Cayman S through UberGT who were thoroughly professional from the opening discussion I first held with them to the close of the sale and money transfer straight through to my bank. Nick has worked in this industry for years and I think it shows; he made the whole experience very easy and at no time did I doubt the legitimacy of Uber GT as a trustworthy reliable company to do business with. I would very much recommend them to my friends, family and colleagues. Hopefully when I am given the green light to buy another toy by the budget holder in my family, I will certainly ... Read MoreMartyn Q, 718 Cayman S
- Uber GT serviced both our cars this year. They collected them from our home and delivered them back again. Both had been valeted inside and out at no extra charge. The cost of the services was very reasonable. They are very personable and professional staff. Honestly, what more could you ask for?Melanie R
- Very happy with the service & MOT Uber GT did on my car. Came in cheaper than originally quoted. Professional and friendly company. Definitely use again.John Kelly
- Amazing classic and sports cars at a lovely relaxed rural setting.Andrew M
- Great experience of buying my Mk1 escort RS2000 from the guys at Uber GT. Andrew made the experience of buying very pleasant and he and the team there are very enthusiatic and knowledgeable about the cars they sell. Fabulous collection and range of vehicles they have for sale. Hopefully do business with them again.Bob M, Escort RS
- A huge thank you to Nick and Peter for making my first Porsche acquisition such a pleasurable experience (in spite of COVID !). Knowledgeable, professional and extremely friendly, they let me take as much time as I needed to make my decision and I never felt under any pressure to buy. The car itself is immaculate and they went the extra mile to ensure everything was right, down to the smallest detail. Highly recommended and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another car from them.David W, 718 Cayman S
- Superb service, above and beyond what I expected. An amazing car to boot. Highly recommend. Thank you guys.Steve H, M4 Convertible
- I had the pleasure of buying a beautiful custom-built Triumph Bobber from Andrew at Uber GT. I had been looking for another Bobber after my old bike had an unsolicited encounter with a Range Rover! From start to finish I cannot fault my experience with Uber GT. Andrew is a true gent and I would whole-heartedly recommend Uber GT to anyone. Thank you for getting me back on the road again.Miranda B, Triumph Bobber Custom
- Recently bought an RS6. Car was immaculate, and exactly as stated. Peter was extremely helpful & responsive with all communications. I just wish authorised dealers (like Audi & BMW) were more like this, but I know that may be asking too much!Thoroughly recommend.....Max T, Audi RS6 Avant
- Mileage13,894 miles
- Fuel TypePetrol
- Engine Size2.8L
- Maximum Speed127 mph
- BHP160 bhp
- Body TypeHatchback
- Interior TrimHalf Leather Recaro
- Previous Keepers2
- Year1987 (D)
- Height1,360 mm
- Length4,375 mm
- Width1,700 mm
- Engine and Drivetrain
- Driven AxleRWD
- Engine Capacity2,792 cc
- Steering WheelRHD
- BHP160 bhp
- Maximum Speed127 mph