1981 (W) Ford Capri S - Stunning Restored Example
- Mileage:82,000 miles
- Fuel Type:Petrol
- Engine Size:3.0L
- BHP:138 bhp
- Torque:174 ft-lb
This Capri can only be described as "wow", it is in mesmerising condition and is a credit to its previous owners, this 3.0S has been part of a significant Ford collection and has even caught the eye Corgi who have reproduced this exact car as a die cast model.
The Ford Capri made its sensational debut at the 1969 Brussels International Motor Show, although production at the Halewood plant in Liverpool had actually begun two months earlier to ensure that every UK dealer had at least one in its showroom by the time sales started in February 1970. This level of forward production ensured that Ford's brilliant young marketing team were able to leave examples of its new model parked outside prominent buildings and near the entrance to 150 railway stations in the south-east of England. Initial sales exceeded the predicted demand by 100%, mainly because the Capri created an exciting new style of car on this side of the Atlantic. Here, at last, was a sleek, eye-catching 'fastback' that bridged the gap between the traditional two-seater sports car and the family saloon. The Capri concept was made all the more attractive by a remarkably wide choice of engines from a 1.3-litre to the lusty 3.0-litre V6.
As exciting as the Mkll was rational, the Capri Mklll (1978-1986) was one of the industry's most effective facelifts with a distinctly modern shape, and its improved aerodynamics naturally resulted in better performance and economy. Quad headlights, wrap-around bumpers and a plethora of TV star appearances (particularly Bodie and Doyle in their 3.0S) restored the Capri's 'mojo'.
At launch, the existing engine and transmission combinations of the Capri II were carried over and the biggest seller eventually turned out to be the luxurious Ghia, however, the 3.0S was generally regarded amongst enthusiasts as the most desirable.
The Capri 3.0S seen here was first registered on the 18th of February 1981, the final year of manufacture of the 3.0S. It's finished in its original, very stylish and rare, Graphite Grey and this colour was only available on the 3.0S and even then only for 9 months in 1981. The car retains its original shell with genuine Ford wings and all the other panels are original and, the vendor informs us, rust free. He has also been happy to confirm that "the bodywork is in superb condition the paintwork is excellent including the engine bay, underside of the bonnet and underneath the car". Happily the original engine is still with the car and remains in excellent condition with good power as does the standard 4-speed Capri gearbox. The interior is unmarked and original in striking 'Carla Check Fishnet' and black vinyl, and the factory steel sunroof works perfectly.
We have carried out a service including oil and filter change, new spark plugs and a fresh MOT.
Our vehicles are meticulously prepared and detailed to a standard that we are sure you will be absolutely delighted with.
We can also help you with a range of very competitive and flexible finance options to make your purchase even easier.
Uber GT are proud winners of the 911uk Porsche Awards 'Porsche Customer Service Gold Award’ and Car Dealer Awards ‘Best Customer Care’.
Part Exchange always welcome.
- Excellent experience, Peter made the purchase of our BMW very seamless, a relaxed no pressure approach. Highly recommend this company!Chris M, X3 M40i
- Had the 981 Spyder delivered today. Searched long and hard for the right car. Peter was honest about the car and it’s very minor shortcomings. It was refreshing to converse with a car dealer that really knew his car and really understood the customer. My franchise dealer experiences have not been this rosy. I am so impressed.I will most certainly be returning to p/x for the right GT3 when finances and stock allow! p.s. The follow up call from Peter to check everything was ok was the icing on the cake.Darren E, Porsche 981 Spyder
- I sold my 2018 Porsche Cayman S through UberGT who were thoroughly professional from the opening discussion I first held with them to the close of the sale and money transfer straight through to my bank. Nick has worked in this industry for years and I think it shows; he made the whole experience very easy and at no time did I doubt the legitimacy of Uber GT as a trustworthy reliable company to do business with. I would very much recommend them to my friends, family and colleagues. Hopefully when I am given the green light to buy another toy by the budget holder in my family, I will certainly ... Read MoreMartyn Q, 718 Cayman S
- Uber GT serviced both our cars this year. They collected them from our home and delivered them back again. Both had been valeted inside and out at no extra charge. The cost of the services was very reasonable. They are very personable and professional staff. Honestly, what more could you ask for?Melanie R
- Very happy with the service & MOT Uber GT did on my car. Came in cheaper than originally quoted. Professional and friendly company. Definitely use again.John Kelly
- Amazing classic and sports cars at a lovely relaxed rural setting.Andrew M
- Great experience of buying my Mk1 escort RS2000 from the guys at Uber GT. Andrew made the experience of buying very pleasant and he and the team there are very enthusiatic and knowledgeable about the cars they sell. Fabulous collection and range of vehicles they have for sale. Hopefully do business with them again.Bob M, Escort RS
- A huge thank you to Nick and Peter for making my first Porsche acquisition such a pleasurable experience (in spite of COVID !). Knowledgeable, professional and extremely friendly, they let me take as much time as I needed to make my decision and I never felt under any pressure to buy. The car itself is immaculate and they went the extra mile to ensure everything was right, down to the smallest detail. Highly recommended and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another car from them.David W, 718 Cayman S
- Superb service, above and beyond what I expected. An amazing car to boot. Highly recommend. Thank you guys.Steve H, M4 Convertible
- I had the pleasure of buying a beautiful custom-built Triumph Bobber from Andrew at Uber GT. I had been looking for another Bobber after my old bike had an unsolicited encounter with a Range Rover! From start to finish I cannot fault my experience with Uber GT. Andrew is a true gent and I would whole-heartedly recommend Uber GT to anyone. Thank you for getting me back on the road again.Miranda B, Triumph Bobber Custom
- Mileage82,000 miles
- Fuel TypePetrol
- Engine Size3.0L
- BHP138 bhp
- Torque174 ft-lb
- Body TypeHatchback
- ColourGraphite Grey
- Interior TrimCarla Check Sports Seats
- Year1981 (W)
- Height1,360 mm
- Length4,375 mm
- Width1,700 mm
- Engine and Drivetrain
- Driven AxleRWD
- Engine Capacity2,994 cc
- Steering WheelRHD
- BHP138 bhp
- Torque174 ft-lb
- Weight and Capacities